I’ve been excessively H-A-P-P-Y the past couple of days for reasons unbeknownst to me.
Is it because an avocado a day makes me visit the toilet everyday? So literally, all the bad stuff goes down the drain. Possible ba yun?
So I had to Google it — not avocado making me happy but avocado being a nutritious fruit.
My equation is: Avocado nutritious fruit + healthy me = happy Eunice
I’ve never been that good with equations and all but I think you got what I mean. 🙂
Here’s what I found:
Interesting di’ba? To think I’ve been snacking on this since last week. To sum it up, here are some benefits of my “current” favorite thing in the world from my online source:
- Avocado is often said to be the most nutritious fruit in the world – and it is! The fruit provides more than 25 essential nutrients such as protein, iron, copper, phosphorus and magnesium, just to name a few.
- Vitamin C (necessary for the production of collagen needed for the growth of new cells and tissues, prevents viruses from penetrating cell membranes, and also a powerful anti-oxidant), thiamine (converts carbohydrates to glucose to fuel the brain and nervous system), and riboflavin (helps the body to release energy from proteins, carbohydrates and fat).
- It helps in the absorption of nutrients that are fat-soluble such as beta-carotene and lutein, when foods containing these nutrients are eaten with avocado.
- Overall, avocado is considered a complete food: it has vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, calories and fiber, no cholesterol, and is sodium free. As such, avocado is ideal for growing up children, adults and even for babies, especially when blended with other fruits. For athletes, avocado is a nutritious energy booster to rev up the body’s strength. AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF:
- In the past, avocado has been considered to be an aphrodisiac. (Yun yun e!)
Go and enjoy your avocado, aka “alligator pear” 🙂