That’s me saying that line in true Yul Brynner fashion.
I’m a fan of making lists – from my daily tasks to things I want to achieve, I write them down. I believe that there’s some kind of power, of unexplainable magic that happens when you list things down. More than just getting it done, it brings you closer to achieving your dreams. It probably is a form of magnetism, like The Secret, it’s following the Law of Attraction. Enclosed with this list is a prayer to the heavens that I hope soon enough, I get to realize these dreams.
- Our own home. Two months back, my husband and I did some house-hunting (again – we did this in 2012). As a newly-wed couple, it was one of the most exciting (and mature) things we’ve done. Doing the math, we feel that we can push through with this big endeavor but we were nervous beyond nervous to go with it. The financial responsibility was daunting not to mention the fact that we are in the process of a civil case for another property (which hopefully will be ours) as well. Ah. (Sucks to be an adult! Hahaha!)
- A more flexible career. Advertising would still be and still is my first love. As much as I love the thrill, the challenges and the creativity that comes with it, a 10-7 (we start rather late) job is starting to feel suffocating. I don’t really see myself as a full-time stay-at-home wife since the domestic life is not my strongest asset (you full-time wives/moms rock, by the way) but I want to make sure I have more time for family instead of guarding my brands (or in the case of the Philippines, sitting through a traffic jam).
- An additional income stream. Gone are the days when a job is all you have as source of income. Nowadays, you need to be inventive. You have to find ways. This is what I want. To make sure that on top of what I get from my corporate life, I have something else to rely on when the going gets tough. Whether it be selling something, doing something or writing something, let the cash roll in.
- Learn something new. I’ve got quite a list of things I want to try real soon:
- Baking, more so because we have a new oven we got as a wedding gift
- Calligraphy, because arts and crafts, you know?
- Yoga, because it’s been on my list for a couple of years!
5. Leave on a jet plane. Been a while since I have been wanderlust-ing so I my feet are getting itchy to travel soon. Top of mind destinations in no particular order:
- Angkor Wat, Cambodia
- Machu Picchu, Peru
- Kathmandu, Nepal
- All of Japan
- Siquijor and Dumaguete, Philippines
- El Nido, Palawan, Philippines
- Athens, Greece
- Rome, Italy
…and so many more!
So there goes my list. Nothing outrageous, just realistic goals that I want to achieve soooooon. What’s on yours?