My husband officially hits the 30 mark this year! Woohoo! How time flies! I knew him when he was still this lanky dude throwing those silly grins at me, how was I to know that we’ll end up together? Haha! Anyway, I am not really a person who loves throwing surprises. I guess I was never the sweet type. Poor husband! However, since being 30 is such a milestone and this is also his first birthday as a married man, I wanted to make it extra special. So I planned to surprise him with a party. Since he loves casual get together with friends, his party had to be chill.
I didn’t go through the hassle of looking for a place, I knew I wanted to do it at the newly built Shawarma Snack Center in El Grande Arcade, BF Homes Paranaque. It was spacious, al fresco and we love the food. I immediately contacted their office to inquire. I was initially assisted by the owner’s daughter, Fats, who was super helpful. Then, Mrs. Sarmiti, the owner herself came in to the picture and I must say, she was the one who did all the magic. I had little time to organize the party (aka: plan a program, do some DIY, etc). All I knew was to link it to Basketball hence the following:
1. Basketball themed cupcake c/o SSC with toppers downloaded from here.
Thanks again to Mrs. Sarmiti for preparing these goodies for us! She and her team even volunteered to be the ones to stick the toppers themselves.
2. Cake and basketball cookies from Darling Cupcake Philippines. They are located at Veraville Homes, Talon 3 Las Piñas.
It’s Php 1,250 for an 8-inch fondant cake and cookies are P25 each. I think the price is reasonable enough for a customized cake. I was able to try the chocolate cake. The design looks good although the details can get better. It was also a bit dry, perhaps because I was able to try it the following day already? Maybe.
3. Customized Buntings and orange balloons from Party Options. They are located at 47 Gloria Diaz Street, BF Resort Village, Las Piñas.
For the menu, we had sumptuous dinner consisting of:
- Chicken Tikka
- Beef Tenderloin
- Fried Rice
- Chili Sambusa
- Sizzling Shawarma
- Arabic Bread
- Green Salad
Gee, the owners were so generous, helpful and went beyond what I asked for. They were so much willing to help me with my (limited) props, the set-up and the food! They were indeed heaven sent! I definitely recommend Shawarma Snack Center so if you are interested to book it for your events, call +632 478 4667 for their packages.
Things went according to plan except for the fact that the surprise didn’t end up as a surprise! Hahaha! Please, if you are planning to do this, take note of these things:
- Ask your in-laws (or those whose cars your husband knows very well) to NOT park in front, let alone at the center of of the venue for him to see.
- Tell the crew, especially the overzealous guards NOT to tell all guests that there’s a surprise party going on. The next thing you know, he’s telling this to the celebrant himself.
Even with this little mishap, I had so much fun and more importantly, my husband loved his party with all his loved ones there 🙂 So, I think I’m gradually becoming to be a sweet wife. Teehee!